Railcar Type 2 now in 14 ounce brown wax canvas is live for a February delivery! Preorder is open now.
The 14 oz brown dry wax canvas built into a modified Railcar Type 2 jacket. 14 ounce wax is still quite heavy and strong. We would consider a 14 ounce wax as medium/heavy weight. Unique styling, Fit, finish, and difficultness of construction is what you're getting. It was inspired by the original heritage design. Our version has a few details to improve the jacket for todays modern styling. Hand pockets were added for comfort, huge interior shelled edge pockets for added storage to name a couple. Fit and quality finish is on point to exceed todays standards. The jackets are design and handmade manufactured in-house at the Railcar factory in El Monte, California in small batches.
Please contact us if you have any questions on product or sizing. We're here to help.
Size to your normally bought jacket size in most brands. Size chart here.
Optional easy installment payments with Shop Pay available at checkout.
- Authentically handmade.
- 14 ounce medium/heavy dry wax canvas fabric.
- Modern fitment. Size to your normally sized jacket size.
- Detailed, quality sewing.
- Hand welted pockets that are cut bias for a unique wear when faded.
- Hand welted pockets are double tacked for added strength.
- 2 huge shelled edge interior pockets for added storage.
- 2 piece flat felled sleeve construction.
- Flat felled side seams for clean finish and strength.
- Side waistband cinches.
- Made in USA YKK snap buttons.
- Handmade in-house at the Railcar factory in El Monte, California.