The Railcar Type 2 X001 Cone Mills #1968 jacket. The Cone Mills #1968 is so iconic that other mills try to reproduce it, but could never perfect it. We recently found an authentic roll in a warehouse. We decided to use it to make the Railcar Type 2 jacket. Get a piece of denim history! Cone Mills White Oak was an iconic American selvedge mill that is no longer operating. Expect classic Americana indigo fades and wears with this denim. Our Type 2 version has a few details to improve the jacket for todays modern styling. Hand pockets were added for comfort, huge interior shelled edge pockets for added storage to name a couple. Fit and quality finish is on point to exceed todays standards. The jackets are design and handmade manufactured in-house at the Railcar factory in El Monte, California in small batches.
Please allow 4-5 weeks for delivery. We will be hand cutting and handmaking these in the order in received.
- Authentically handmade.
- Extremely rare Cone Mills 13.5 ounce medium weight denim.
- Sanforized (Preshrunk) fabric. Expect minimal shrinkage after soak.
- Modern fitment. Size to your normally sized jacket size.
- Detailed, quality sewing.
- Hand welted pockets that are cut bias for a unique wear when faded.
- Hand welted pockets are double tacked for added strength.
- 2 huge shelled edge interior pockets for added storage.
- 2 piece flat felled sleeve construction.
- Flat felled side seams for clean finish and strength.
- Side waistband cinches.
- Made in USA YKK buttons.
- Vintage washer burr riveting detail.
- Vintage open-bar keyhole detailing.
- Handmade in-house at the Railcar factory in El Monte, California.