Introducing the Railcar, vintage wool blend lined, Kurabo denim chore coat. Finally finding a purpose for this Japanese Kurabo denim that we have been storing for the the past seven years, we've designed this chore coat for the cold of fall and winter. Set as a "made to order" short run batch, allows for us to utilize every yard of the two fabrics.
We lined this dead stock Japanese Kurabo chore with a vintage rushed wool blend houndstooth fabric to create this timeless piece that is certain to age well. The Japanese Kurabo denim, weighing in at 12 ounces, uses irregular yarns to create a slubby appearance. The vintage wool blend brushed fabric weighs in at 9 ounces, achieving a total combined weight of 21 ounces. We've even lined the sleeves of this chore coat, making this a go-to cold weather top layer. Designed and built entirely in the Railcar workshop for highest quality build that is trimmed with American woven labels, American thread, and Made in USA hardware. Designed and manufactured to pass the test of time, and hand down for generations.
This is a made to order production. Size to your normal jacket size for a nice fitted look. Get one while these last.
- 12 ounce medium weight, indigo warp, natural weft, dead stock Japanese Kurabo denim
- 9 ounce vintage wool blend brushed houndstooth lining throughout
- Flat felled seams
- Shell edge stitching details
- Shell edge center back interior stitching
- Brushed cotton flannel lined sleeves
- Minimal branded with R tab labeling
- Railcar, Made in USA, donut buttons and washer burr riveting hardware
- Made in-house in our workshop in Downtown El Monte, California, on a collection of precisely tuned, specialized denim equipment for the highest of quality.
- Made in USA