The Railcar Type 2 14 ounce Vidalia Mills medium/heavy, double black, red line selvedge jacket was inspired by the original heritage design. As you know, 13 years ago we launched the brand using Cone Mills selvedge. With that not being an option anymore, we moved on to other mills throughout the years. To take the place of the missing Cone Mills White Oak, Vidalia was the obvious answer. Vidalia of Louisiana, USA are the successor of White Oaks factory equipment when they shut down. We're using the fabric, taking it to our shop to cut and sew, in-house a true handcrafted American traditional jacket.
Our version has a few details to improve the jacket for todays modern styling. Hand pockets were added for comfort, huge interior shelled edge pockets for added storage to name a couple. Fit and quality finish is on point to exceed todays standards. The jackets are design and handmade manufactured in-house at the Railcar factory in El Monte, California in small batches.
The Railcar Type 2 X082 will be made when ordered (MWO). Allow 6 weeks from when you purchase for your delivery. Orders will be made in order in received. If it doesn't work out for you don't worry! Easy exchange or returns.
- Authentically handmade.
- Vidalia Mills American selvedge denim.
- Sanforized denim. Expect no shrinkage in length and width.
- 14 ounce medium weight premium denim.
- Double Black Denim.
- Modern fitment. Size to your normally sized jacket size.
- Detailed, quality sewing.
- Hand welted pockets that are cut bias for a unique wear when faded.
- Hand welted pockets are double tacked for added strength.
- Two huge shelled edge interior pockets for added storage.
- Two piece flat felled sleeve construction.
- Two piece sleeves.
- Flat felled side seams for clean finish and strength.
- Side waistband cinches.
- Made in USA YKK buttons.
- Vintage washer burr riveting detail.
- Vintage open-bar keyhole detailing.
- Handmade in-house at the Railcar factory in El Monte, California.